Moving. It’s a stressful time, but for Turn Key Lifestyle’s next Move Manager Specialist it’s a time to shine. Turn Key Lifestyle is looking for a compassionate and organized individual with a flexible schedule that has a love for packing and functional furniture staging that would like to join our team part-time in a contractor role, pay starting at $15 an hour.
Our Move Manager Specialists work with clients to create a detailed furniture list of their existing items and assist with placement in their new homes. Once approved, they roll up their sleeves and jump in with the team to pack up a client’s items and move them to their new home. They unpack according to Turn Key Lifestyle’s systems, put items away in a logical and organized manner, and haul away packing material, all while making sure they’re professional and respectful to clients during a stressful time. Our Move Manager Specialists make beds, hang up clothes, set out toothbrushes -- anything needed to welcome clients into their new spaces as seamlessly as possible.
Whether we're moving an elderly person out of their long-term home and into a retirement community, or we’re assisting a client as they move to their newly built dream home, our Move Manager Specialists are integral to each job’s success. While organizational skills are a must, so are the ability to handle stress and work with our clients with compassion and professionalism. Does this sound like a job for you? Read on!
In a typical day, you would:
- Pack personal items for clients according to Turn Key Lifestyle’s packing and organizational system and / or according to client’s requests / needs.
- Sort personal belongings for clients with discretion and confidentiality.
- Hang art, mirrors, wall decor, etc., and general decoration of spaces.
- Unpack and put away items for clients using discretion and common-sense organization.
- Break down and haul away packing materials including boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc.
- Set up the new home for the client so it is “Turn Key” ready; make beds, set out toothbrushes, etc.
- Facilitate supply drop runs; going from the company storage locker to the client's home with boxes, wrapping paper, etc.
- Create and manage box inventory systems for clients as needed.
- Create and manage inventory of supplies in the company storage locker, ensuring all subcontractors have supplies needed for each job.
- Coordinate and facilitate on-site donation pick-ups or junk haul-outs.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent client management skills; sensitivity to client’s needs and emotions during what can be a difficult time.
- Strong understanding of home layouts and common-sense organizational systems.
- Ability to handle stress and stressful situations well.
- Punctual, with flexibility in schedule for fluctuating hours and client needs.
- Proficient with Google docs, Google Sheets, Excel.
- Ability to create and manage a detailed moving inventory system electronically.
- Proficient / comfortable with technology in general.
- Team player who enjoys collaboration with other staff members to get a job done, sometimes in close quarters.
We'd also love it if you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related experience in the moving or organization industry preferred.
- Knowledge of the philosophy, mission, and planning needs of the organization, preferred.
Physical requirements and work environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 25-30 pounds at a time.
- Ability to work 10-12 hours a day, often without sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be able to stand, lift, squat, bend, push, pull, climb up and down stairs, etc.
Turn Key Lifestyle requires that all subcontractors self-report their COVID vaccination status, as well as wear protective face masks while in client’s homes. Due to the nature of this job, Turn Key Lifestyle reserves the right to decline an unvaccinated subcontractor’s services.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying