Are you a professional relationship builder who is looking for a job opportunity that is both personally rewarding and impactful in your community? Look no further! Montani Consulting is partnering with StepUp Wilmington to identify and hire two Career Coaches located in Pender, or Brunswick County, North Carolina.
StepUp Wilmington is an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to reach their potential and lead stable lives through satisfying work. They partner with, and support individuals affected by unemployment and underemployment, often associated with the challenges of incarceration, homelessness, recovery, domestic violence, or anything that keeps them from reaching their goals.
StepUp’s Career Coaches play a key role in building relationships with participants and volunteers to guide them through job readiness training, employment, and into the next phase of the program.
As the team grows, StepUp needs eager individuals who share a passion for preparing individuals to rejoin the workforce and grow in their careers. Does this sound like a meaningful and fulfilling position for you that will leverage your professional strengths? Keep reading and apply today!
- Establish and build relationships with participants and volunteers to instill StepUp Wilmington values and develop a high level of trust, leadership, open communication, and confidentiality within the organization
- Manage a caseload of 20-30 job seekers through the entire cycle of job readiness and Step2 training
- Conduct one-on-one meetings, provide job leads, develop resumes, conduct regular follow-up calls and meetings to ensure participants are on track towards employment goals
- Evaluate employability and communicate with the job placement team to ensure the best possible outcome for participants
- Effectively assess Individual Development Plans with each participant; evaluating throughout each phase of StepUp training while setting goals in partnership with the participant and the manager to increase stability
- Uphold program structure by staying organized and efficient; managing logistics and schedule
- Partner with staff and volunteers to conduct training and ensure they align with career readiness and objectives
- Conduct outreach efforts each week to increase participation and StepUp awareness in the community
- Utilize technology and software platforms (Salesforce, Google Drive, and Performance Culture) as tools in measuring results and growth, ensuring accurate and up-to-date data
- Act as a team player and do what it takes to meet organizational goals, live up to StepUp values, and fulfill the StepUp mission
- Take responsibility and “ownership” for making StepUp Wilmington great!
To qualify for this job, you must have:
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications with the ability to learn new software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to facilitate and lead groups of diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Highly empathetic and passionate about our mission
- Good sense of humor and ability to work well with a dynamic team
- Minimum education requirement: Associates Degree
- At least 2-5 years of experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, or relevant field
- Proof of vaccination or plans to become fully vaccinated
We’d also love it if you have:
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Performance Culture
Check out our benefits:
- Health Insurance with employer-paid premium
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement Plan
StepUp Wilmington is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual, or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying