Are you an experienced safety leader with an expertise in manufacturing or food production looking for a job where your knowledge and experience can make a big impact? Look no further! Montani Consulting is partnering with Villari Foods to identify and hire a Director of Safety to join their team in Warsaw, North Carolina.
Primary job duties of our Director of Safety include ensuring company safety procedures are followed as well as monitor employee injuries and workers compensation and perform trainings. If you have previous experience in safety, are goal oriented, have strong leadership skills, strong work ethic and a commitment to safety, apply today!
- Encourage and maintain high employee involvement in health and safety systems including Villari Foods Safety Audit Requirements.
- Conduct incident investigations including “root cause analysis” for corrective actions.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating safety policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations, and keeps updated knowledge of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Contribute to the selection, onboarding, and development of talent, resulting in continuous site-wide alignment with safety.
- Build employee relationships and advance safety knowledge and hazard mitigation through coaching, mentoring, training, and employee engagement/ empowerment.
- Perform Forklift training, Hazard training, Hydration training, Alcohol & Your job Training, PPE training, and all other safety related trainings.
- Drive Health and Safety excellence by developing and implementing risk and compliance management systems.
- Effectively communicate the facility safety vision, strategies, and perform to internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate health and safety (H&S) ownership and accountability through the line organization by establishing clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and expectations.
- Develop JSA’ “Job Safety Analysis” for Villari Foods and The Pork Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
To qualify for this job, you must have:
- attention to detail, punctuality, organization, the ability to work with others
- Associates degree or higher in related field required.
- At least 2 of years of related experience required.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification and strong preference for safety experience in a manufacturing setting
- Self-starter and excellent communications and interpersonal skills required
We’d also love it if you have:
- Proficiency in PC applications, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional teams.
- Initiative to lead and work independently.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, word, and Outlook
What Villari Foods offers you:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Employee discounts on Villari meat products
- Opportunities for employee recognition
- Opportunities for promotion from within; more than 80% of our leaders started in an entry-level position at Villari Foods!
How Villari Foods is different:
- As a family-owned and operated business, we’re more connected with our team members and truly consider each employee a member of the Villari family.
- We’re a people-focused culture. Team members are not only known but also cared for by peers, leaders, and owners. You aren’t just a number.
- The experience each employee has working at Villari Foods is important to us. That’s why we strive for a better quality of work-life with a slower pace that avoids an eventual burnout.
Physical requirements and work environment:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment will be under a typical office condition; Certain areas you may be working near moving equipment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but can be moderate
- Able to sit, walk, and stand
- Able to speak and hear for safety and productivity
- Able to use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
- Able to reach with hands and arms
More about Villari Foods:
Founded in 1925 by Sam Villari, Villari Foods is still a family-owned business with a rich history. As a teenager, Sam came to America from Italy, instilled with the value his native culture placed on pure, good food as an integral part of the family and social life. Today, at Villari Foods, we combine our unwavering commitment to Old World quality with our capacity to keep pace with evolving customer demands – and exceed expectations for great taste, good health, variety, value, convenience, and creativity in the kitchen. With the fourth Villari generation now entering the business, our family remains dedicated to ensuring an exceptional experience for all who enjoy our products.
We offer a wide variety of quality pork and other meat products for retail, foodservice, and export markets. We understand and are responding to consumer preferences for meat products that are locally sourced, humanely raised, organic, and free of antibiotics, hormones, and steroids. And we’re well known for our smoked products.
As part of Villari Foods, we also have our own livestock and trucking operations, which allows for greater quality control and extraordinary customer service, including superior delivery options. We partner with local farms and are committed to environmental sustainability.
Villari Foods is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans’ status, status as a disabled individual, or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Questions - Contact Directly at firstname.lastname@example.org